Project Furniture is committed to adopting the highest standards to safeguard our customers' personal information.
Project Furniture, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Project Furniture’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below:
What Personal Information does Project Furniture collect and why?
Project Furniture collects personal information about you in order to provide products and services to you.
The personal information you provide to Project Furniture will enhance the products and services that we offer you. The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services, and personal preferences. This information permits us to develop products to suit your needs.
How Project Furniture may use your Personal Information
The personal information you provide Project Furniture may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- processing your orders;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- billing you or administering your account;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. For example, we may use your personal information to keep you informed about new products.
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
Sharing your Personal Information
Project Furniture may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
- our service and content providers, dealers and agents, or any company within the Project Furniture group for purposes that are related to providing you with products and services which would be reasonably expected.
Unless you consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties, other than those who have contracted with Project Furniture to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Upon your request, Project Furniture will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
How to contact us
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Project Furniture by phoning 1300 551 675.